- Verify the legitimacy of a wireless connection.
- Use a VPN (a virtual private network) to mask your IP address.
- Do not use mobile phones to access online shopping websites.
- Protect your device against cyber-attacks by use of anti-malware.
- Set a strong and unique password to secure your wireless network.
- Change the default name and don’t broadcast your SSID (Service Set Identifier).
- Turn off your Wi-Fi when not in use.
- Disable remote access to the router.
- Use a Firewall to secure your Wi-Fi.
- Change your default IP address on the Wireless router.
The holiday season is a prime time for hackers, scammers, and online thieves. Due to the pandemic, this holiday season may look and feel a bit different, but we all still need to be aware of the potential dangers online shopping can bring and the ways we can protect ourselves. While Kenyans will be online…Read More
The cybersecurity threat landscape continues to expand. Attackers leverage various tactics and techniques to target both the public and private sector institutions. Attackers use common attack vectors and known vulnerabilities to compromise the security of organizations. NC3 offers advisory and guidance on how to protect organizations from cyber-attacks. NC3 also offers policies, procedures, and guidelines…Read More
NC3’s mandate is to ensure safe cyberspace for the Kenyan Government and its citizens. NC3 provides strategic guidance and advisory to both the public and private sectors in order to strengthen the security, resilience, and workforce of cyberspace to protect National Critical Infrastructure and Kenyan citizens.Read More
1. Risk Management A risk management should be set up which mainly consists of applicable policies, guidelines and practices that must be established, streamlined and should effectively be communicated to all the employees, contractors, and suppliers to assure that everyone is aware of the approach, e.g., how decisions are made, about risk boundaries, etc. 2.…Read More