NC3 achieves its mission and vision by performing the following functions;
- Advising on and coordinating GoK Cyber/ICT Security matters; Strategies, Policies, Standards and Regulations.
- Establishing and Maintaining cybersecurity strategy, policy and SOPs for the security of Kenya’s Critical Information Infrastructure (CII).
- Conducting cyber threat analysis, coordinating cyber incident management and cybersecurity assessments at national level.
- Ensuring the Confidentiality, Integrity and Availability (CIA) of Government Critical Information Infrastructure and Systems
- Developing and managing National Public Key Infrastructure (NPKI) framework.
- Provision and Coordination of Cybersecurity training and awareness.
- Establishing Collaborations at the National, Regional and International level on Cybersecurity.