Who we are
The National Cyber Command Centre (NC3), is a multi-agency entity primarily of key national cybersecurity stakeholders built to strengthen coordination in the National cybersecurity effort. The NC3 was created in 2017 following a decision of the Nation Security Advisory Committee (NSAC). The NC3’s coordinating and advisory role is furthered by its role as the national focal point of contact responsible for spearheading and coordinating all national cyber-security matters/programs in the Republic of Kenya. As such, NC3 engages various stakeholders drawn across government, industry, civil society, and other stakeholder groups with the aim of fostering collaborative security for Kenya’s cyberspace which is a key driver for national socio-economic development and stability.
Roles and Responsibilities
NC3 achieves its mission by performing the following roles and responsibilities:
– Advice on and coordinate GoK Cyber/ICT Security matters; Strategies, Policies, Standards, and Regulations
– Conduct national Cyber Threat Analysis and Cybersecurity Risk Assessments
– Coordinate Cyber Incident Response and Management
– Identify and coordinate protection of Government CII/CIS
– Provision and Coordination of Cybersecurity training and awareness programs
– Engage and collaborate with the relevant Stakeholders at the National, Regional, and International on Cybersecurity matters
The vision of NC3 is to build a secure and resilient Kenya’s cyberspace for Kenyan citizens, businesses, and Government.
NC3’s mission is to ‘be responsible for the coordination of national cybersecurity efforts to protect information and information infrastructure in Kenyan cyberspace.’ It achieves this mission by building capabilities to prevent and respond to cyber threats, reduce vulnerabilities, and minimize damage from cyber incidents through a combination of institutional structures, people, processes, technology, and collaboration.
To enhance NC3 mission performance and achieve its shared goals, NC3 is committed to promoting a culture founded on the following core values: